Oh Really Meme: Jokes, Love, Fun, Creative
Oh Really Meme: Intro
The infamous statement in the meme world – Oh really? Also known as O RLY? In short is a type of an internet slang which usually denotes sarcasm. Generally, an image of owl which was taken by photographer John white is used with this text. Since then, John White has sent many letters & complaints to stop using his images without permission, but now it’s a part of the meme-verse and everybody uses it without hesitation. By tracing it’s source, the year of this meme’s debut is found to be 2003, from the “something awful” forums where people would use this meme to respond to anything full of doubt or to use sarcasm for something dull.
THE IMPACT & SPREAD OF Oh Really Meme
The reason “O RLY” became so popular is beause of it’s heavy usage. Not only heavy usage, but it’s versatility to be able to be used anywhere. There are a lot of people on the internet and social networking platforms, to whom people respond with sarcasm. This was a direct sarcastic response which people used. Also, there are so many people posting doubtful content, this was also a perfect meme response for them. This also became a way of shutting those people who posted content without checking their facts. The ridiculous looking white owl was a cherry on top. This meme reached it’s peak popularity when the moderators of the 4chan meme website changed it’s script which replaced all “repost” words with “owl.” Like, instead of every day is repost day, it would be written as every day is owl day.
THE MOST HILARIOUS OH REALLY Oh Really Memes
- Did you know? Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
- When people say gym is not helpful but they go once a month.
- When mom says the reason I have AIDS is because I am on my phone all day.
- When People say girls belong in the kitchen because they cook tasty food.
- When my math teacher makes me stand up to answer the question knowing very well I don’t know the answer.
- Stop body shaming people. Also people: Not staying fit and eating junk food all year.
- When my girlfriend says the reason she cheated on me was because I am too good for her.
- When the standup comedian enters the stage and everyone shouts like they were expecting a monkey instead.
- Studies show that lockdowns cause no mental health harm.
- When my friend scores better than me in exam but he promised me to fail together.
Also read: BNHA MANGA | HALO MEMES | CLUELESS MEME